Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with Pikkly;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Business Partners;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities; and
- provide information to our Vendors.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Pikkly, and you can limit the communications that Pikkly sends to you.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from our Business Partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
How Pikkly Uses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf), use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Provide you with personalized ads and offers for products and services from us and participating Business Partners;
- Facilitate drawings and contest doneon the site;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
When and Why Pikkly Discloses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- with relevant Business Partners:with a winner of a Pikkly drawing;
- with whom we jointly offer products and services;
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer on behalf of the Business Partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of purchase, a sponsored reward, offer, contest, program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Pikkly;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through Pikkly is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
We do not share Personal Information with Third-Party Ad-Servers; however, Third-Party Ad-Servers may automatically collect Non-Identifying Information about your visit to the Site and other websites, your device address, your Internet Service Provider and the browser you use to visit the Site. This Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by Third-Party Ad-Servers.
How Pikkly Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, enter in Pikkly drawings, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
Device Data may be collected when your device interacts with the Site and Pikkly, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site or sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you want to close your Pikkly account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Social Community Areas
Connecting through Social Networks
Pikkly offers social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both Pikkly and a social network, when you use the Site’ social networking connection functions, we will link your social network account with your Pikkly account if the email addresses match. If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts.
If you are not currently registered as a Pikkly user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join Pikkly. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Pikkly through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our Business Partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
Pikkly does not intend that any portion of the Site will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen and such use is prohibited. The Site is designed and intended for adults. By using Pikkly, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any account be obtain actual knowledge is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
Contact Us; California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at email@example.com.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Pikkly pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.